Lifting commercial vehicles require a lot of effort and power. That is why there are special hydraulic hacks specifically for bearing the weight of an industrial vehicle.
Heavy construction and agricultural equipment, commercial trucks, loaded trucks and trailers, and more, are all the types of equipment that gets attended by the commercial hydraulic jack. Besides these, the heavy duty Jack is capable of handling bus and rail work as well!
Hydraulic jacks and their application
Hydraulic jacks are used in industries that use heavy and powerful equipment. They require huge amounts of focused energy to operate. They are functional and easy to use.
Commercially, hydraulic jacks can be seen in heavy vehicles and equipment like forklifts, excavators, elevators, etc. At home, they are suitable for raising cars and other vehicles.
Types of hydraulic jacks
Hydraulic jacks are broadly divided into bottle and floor jacks. These are categorized further depending upon their lifting capacity and other features.
Mobile bottle jacks
These kind of bottle jacks are portable and easy to carry. They, too, are classified according to their weight bearing capacity. Bottle Jacks with capacity of 2 to 8 tons can be identified based on the following features:
- They are applicable in the construction, recreation, marine, agricultural, and automotive industries.
- They have a zinc-plated, two-piece handle
- They are rust-proofed because of a “packetized” extension screw, ram, and pump piston.
- When constructed, they aren’t welded together.
- Their overload capacity offers a safety percentage of 50%.
- They last longer than others because of the fact that oil flows through it internally, has close tolerance, and its bearing surface is smooth.
- Besides the features available in the smaller ton capacity bottle jacks, those with a capacity of 12 ton and 20 ton have carrying handles as well.
In addition to the attributes of their smaller versions, bottle jacks with heavy duty capacity of 30 and 50 tons have:
- A safety feature that doesn’t allow for the jack to be overloaded beyond its specified load lifting capacity.
- A detachable plug that makes it easy for a remote pump or a gauge to be attached to the bottle jack.
- A 39 ½” handle to make pumping easier.
Steel bottom bottle jacks
- They come in a 12 ton and 22-ton capacity.
- They are constructed 100% using welded steel. This increases the life of the apparatus as it reduces the chances of metal fatigue.
- The base is uniquely low forged to increase its durability and resistance power to intensive high pressure.
- The kind of steel used for the bottle jack’s construction is rust resistant.
- The ram can be lowered precisely because of the presence of a needle valve.
- To prevent leaks and provide strength, the base, cylinder, and the joints are electrically welded.
- The extension screw is heat treated. It allows for the bottle jack to adjust its pickup height as low or as high as possible and provide extra strength.
Hydraulic bottle jack
- The saddle of these bottle jacks is heat treated and serrated to provide a better grip and wide lifting area.
- Their extension screws are heat treated as well, like steel bottom Bottle Jacks. It provides for smooth pick-up transitions.
- For superlative strength and stability, its base is rugged and wide.
Manual hydraulics and air-actuated bottle jack
- To prevent the operator from tiring himself from operating this heavy duty tool, the bottle jack employs an air operation that is effortless and increases efficiency.
- The saddle can be height adjusted because of the air motor.
- In case you want to operate the bottle jack, you can easily remove the air hose. The quick connectors are adaptable to the purpose.
- For optimum performance and better seal life, the ram is chrome plated.
- The extension screws for these Jacks are heat treated as well.
- Quality shop air is used.
- These types of jacks are used for hoisting vehicles only. The jack stand should be used immediately after raising the vehicle to a desirable height. The car should not be moved or tinkered on without the stands.
- A level and hard surface should be used when using the jack and its stands.
- All equipment come with instructions manuals that should be read and followed carefully.
Commercial heavy duty floor jack
- One type has a capacity of 2 ton and 3.5 ton and is designed and made for commercial purposes only.
- The release valve is precision controlled because of the use of universal collaborative technology.
- To increase the stability and strength of the floor jack, its side plates are flanged. For ease in maneuverability swivel casters are rear mounted.
- The jack can’t be overloaded because of built-in safety mechanisms. To increase the speed, the jack is fitted with a double pump.
- There are more combination versions available for floor service Jack in 2 ¼ ton and 5 ton, 5 ton and 10 ton, 10 ton, 20 ton, 22 ton, 25 ton, 35 ton, and more, with segregating features and differing operational parts.
- An ARKSEN product, the hydraulic axle bottle jack comes with wheels and can lift buses and trucks.
- Besides its commercial applications, it can be used for home purposes as well.
- The saddle height ranges between minimum 8 ½” and maximum 17 ⅛”.
- To make the jack more durable, the cast iron bottom and four-seat adapters, are formed with a steel housing.
- Its wheels each are 8”. The handle is 60” wide and comes with an air control option. This helps in the easy positioning of the vehicle.
- It can handle the air pressure between 90 and 145 PSI. Anything above 3 HP would require an air compressor.
- Its cylinder stroke is at 4 ¾ “.
- The ram, which is 20 ½” in length and 11 ⅞” in width, is retracted with one pull of the handle.
- The jack weighs 86 pounds
- Dimensions: 26” x 14” x 12”
- It is perfect for servicing farm equipment and trucks and can hoist up to 44,000 lbs.