A jack is used for mechanical work such as lifting purposes. It can help in easily lifting massive loads or even in applying great force. Jacks are rated to determine the maximum limit of their lifting capacity which lies somewhere between 1.5 to 3 tons for regular jacks; industrial jacks are rated for a higher capacity of load.
How does a jack work?
There are many types of jacks on the market today. Each type is based on a different mechanism, and hence has a different working principle. In some cases, the purpose of one jack differs from another.
A mechanical jack uses a screw thread, for lifting heavy loads, whereas, a hydraulic jack uses hydraulic power.
Types of jacks
There are a variety of jacks, with or without stands, the choice of which depends on your use. A few of the varieties are:
- Mechanical jack
- Hydraulic jack
- Car jack
- Floor jack
- Garage jack
What type of jack and stands do you need for your garage?
For lifting and mechanical work, a number of jacks can be used. The usual choices are the car jack or the floor jack. For use in maintenance workshops and garages, a garage jack is normally used.
The stands needed to rest the vehicle usually come with the jack. You can use the Craftsman Floor Jack with Built In Jack Stands, or Floor Jack With Integrated Stands for your best outcomes.
The best jack you could ever own!
You may be wondering about the number of competing jacks and stands that can serve your purpose. However, the Craftsman Floor Jack Set and Jack Stands is the best there is and delivers on a wide range of uses.
Everything you need to know about the Craftsman Floor Jack Set And Jack Stands
The Craftsman Floor Jack Set and Jack Standsis not a fancy product, but it has a lot of good features. The features include:
- The Craftsman Floor Jack Set and Jack Stands is perfect for medium- and light-duty garage work.
- It can lift up to 4,500 pounds.
- The lift range is between 5” to 15”
- The jack and the stand have steel and flange reinforced bodies.
Why is it the best?
The Craftsman Floor Jack Set and Jack Stands is appropriate for medium and light use. As it can easily lift a weight of up to 4,500 pounds, it is easy to use when changing your vehicle’s oil, brake pads, or doing a tire rotation.
The lift range allows a variety of vehicles to be serviced ranging from minivans to light trucks, other than ordinary sedans, of course. And with the steel and the flange reinforced bodies of both the jack and the stands, it makes a more stable base to rely on.
How to use a floor jack and jack stands
With products like this, work has become a lot easier. However, you must follow the guidelines on how to use it carefully to avoid any accidents, as it deals with heavy loads and machinery. The following steps should be followed:
- Read the manual to determine if the jack and stands are right for the curb weight of your vehicle.
- Find a level workspace
- Set the vehicle in “park” with the parking brake set.
- Install the stand underneath a strong and structural part of the vehicle frame.
- Use the floor jack and lift the vehicle.
- Insert the jack stands under the vehicle.
- Using the jack, in reverse direction, lower the vehicle onto the jack stands.
- Shake your vehicle to make sure the jack and stands are secure and will hold.
To remove the jack and stands:
- Raise the jack again to be able to allow you to remove the jack stands from under the vehicle.
- Remove the stands.
- Lower the jack so that your vehicle is again firmly situated on the ground.
Life made easier
Working underneath a car with the Craftsman Floor Jack and Jack Standswill be easier than ever before—complex automotive and lifting tasks become easy when you use this jack and stands.
The Craftsman Floor Jack Set and Jack Standsis your one-stop solution to reaching those difficult-to-reach recesses underneath your vehicle, and having this jack with you on the road, will assure you that you have the means to deal with any flat, or under-the-car problem you encounter as you travel.
The product, in the simplest of terms, will make your work easier, with the necessary safety precautions. The benefits are:
- It allows you the luxury of safe automobile servicing in your home’s garage
- The lifting mechanism allows you to easily get enough room underneath the car to do any repair work.
- The jack can easily take up to 4,500 pounds
- The stable stands are an added security feature to the lifting mechanisms, ensuring safety while you work.
- With its wide clearance, the product not only can be used on different vehicles.
- It will save you a lot of money on repairs, which otherwise would have gone to a mechanic.
Although the Craftsman Floor Jack Set and Jack Standsis more than just a great buy, there are a few alternatives to look into, according to some other specifications like weight, or use type, etc.:
- Craftsman 4 Ton Jack Stands
- Craftsman Jack Stand 2 1/4 Ton
- Craftsman 3 Ton Floor Jack Stands and Creeper Set
- Craftsman 2-1/4 Ton Floor Jack Set and 2 1/4 ton Jack Stands
- Craftsman 2-1/4 Ton Floor Jack
The product delivers on all claims it makes, and at the same time, reduces the margin for error. The Craftsman Floor Jack Set And Jack Standsis worth every penny you spend.