Are you looking for new floor jack you can use at home so you can rotate your tires more efficiently? Or perhaps you just want a floor jack to supplement your stock aluminum jack because you have an SUV. Either way, you may want to just get a heavy duty floor jack to be safe. It’s not really as expensive as you may think, because you can still get an excellent jack at the right price with the Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump.
The first thing you’ll probably notice with this heavy duty floor jack from Pittsburgh Automotive is that its capacity is 3 tons. That’s good enough for your average SUV, and if you have a regular sedan or coupe then you certainly have no problem.
In fact, you can place this floor jack in such a way so that can lift and remove 2 tires in one go during a wheel rotation change. You can put the jack under the center chassis and lift one particular side, or you can lift the 2 front or rear tires at once.
This thing can support such weights with no problem because the all-welded steel construction is designed particularly for heavy duty. It’s a bit large at 27.5 inches long and 13.5 inches wide, and it weighs close to 69 pounds. These dimensions make it very stable. For additional stability, it even has extra-wide casters.
What makes this Pittsburgh Automotive floor jack unique is its use of the patented Rapid Pump technology. This is a dual-parallel pump system that’s extremely efficient, so that you need just 3.5 pumps to lift most workloads.
The saddle height lifting range is from 5 inches to 18.25 inches, and it has enough reach to accommodate even vehicles with lift kits. It’s so easy to use, as you just need to twist the handle clockwise to lock it. Pump the arm to raise it, and then when you’re done at the right height you then the pressure valve counterclockwise to release it.
This uses a 2-piece knurled aluminum handle with a very nice grip, and it even has a foam bumper that can keep it from damaging the finish of your vehicle. You have firm control with the descent of the load regardless of the handle position. That’s mainly due to the universal joint release mechanism that provides excellent precision control when you set the load down.
With the height the car can go with the jack, it’s certainly possible for you to get under the car so you can work on things like the brake system. But you must use a jack stand to supper the car right after raising it. This floor jack is certainly strong enough to support the car when you change the tires, but when your body is under the vehicle than you need to use the stand no matter what. In fact, using jack stands even for tire changes may not be a bad idea at all.
This comes with just a 3-month warranty, but that’s enough time for you to check that everything about it is good. When you see that it’s working properly, then you will discover that it can last you for years. It really is that tough and robust. This is truly heavy duty, and a lot stronger than your typical aluminum jack.
Finally, there’s the price to consider. Nowadays the Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump is actually very affordable with the right online seller. It used to come with a $90 price tag when it first came out, but nowadays you can get it for just a little bit over half price.
- This can deal with regular cars and even with most SUVs. If your vehicle is rated at 6,000 pounds or less, then this can handle the weight.
- This can go high enough to accommodate lifted cars. It can also give you enough space underneath the car so you can work on the brake system.
- It’s very easy to use, as you don’t need to turn it too many times to get to the height you want.
- It saves you a lot of time, as some maintenance tasks such as rotating the tires can be much faster. These tasks are also more enjoyable with this Rapid Pump floor jack. That means you end up with even wear on your tires because you don’t hate it when you have to rotate the tires.
- You can bet that this won’t fail for a very long time. It really is that tough.
- It may be heavy and huge, but it has casters that let you roll the floor jack on the floor easily enough.
- With its weight, size, and extra wide casters, you can be very certain of its stability.
- It’s very affordable.
- With its 5-inch minimum height, it may not be the right tool for lowered sports cars.
- The 3-ton limit means that it may not be suitable for some huge pickup trucks.
- It’s so heavy that you may not want to bring it with you on road trips if you’re using a sedan. Lifting this from the trunk may not be all that easy.
- The warranty is just for 3 months.
If you need a floor jack for home use, and your car can be accommodated by the 5-inch saddle height and 3-ton capacity, then the Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump is a great choice. It’s very easy to use, raising the car doesn’t take too much time, it can support lifted vehicles, it can last for a long time, and it’s affordable.
This floor jack is just great. Get it for your home use, and you’ll be able to use it for a long time to come.