It’s not always easy to find the best floor jack for your car, especially when your car has special needs. These needs may be anything—you have an SUV instead of a car, it has large tires so you need to raise it higher, or you may want space to work underneath. You may want a hydraulic jack so that it’s much easier to raise up your car. You may even have a lowrider or a lowered car that doesn’t offer enough clearance for a jack with a regular profile.
If all these factors are crucial for you, then you certainly need to take a look at the 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift from Pittsburgh Automotive. Since that’s a rather unwieldy name to use, let’s refer to the model with its item number: 61253.
Features of the 61253
At first glance, the 61253 looks tough and certainly capable of lifting up to 3 tons. The industrial-grade finish looks great, but when you look more closely you may be able to recognize the toughness of the precision-welded construction. This is actually a commercial-quality floor jack that professional mechanics will appreciate, so of course the hardcore gearheads will certainly find this useful.
The next notable feature is its low profile. Instead of the usual 5-inch plus clearance you need, here all you need is a tiny space of at least 2⅞ inches. That’s low even for show cars, (anything lower and you’re veering into impractical territory) so it should be able to slide under your car with no problem.
But what if you need to raise it up? That’s not a problem either, as this can go up by 19.75 inches. That’s enough height to raise the car to unmount your large tires, and enough space so that you can then use jack stands and you can go under the car for minor underside repairs.
This also features the universal joint release so you can control the load height at any handle position. You can just turn the handle ever so slightly counterclockwise and it will lower its load slowly. It’s ideal when you want precision control for your load, as most show car owners tend to be this way.
You don’t have to be overly concerned about stability, since that’s covered too. It weighs 71.7 pounds, and that weight adds to the stability. It measures 29 inches long and it is 13⅛ inches wide. The steel casters are wider than usual, which again boosts the stability.
Then you have the famed “rapid pump” feature. Unlike other floor jacks that require up to 10 pumps or turns to get to the maximum height, the 61253 requires just 3.5 turns. This uses the dual-parallel pump system, so that you reduce the number of necessary pumps by half (at least).
The pump handle is more than long enough at 45.25 inches, so that you can pump the hydraulics for your lifts easily. You have a knurled steel handle so you have a more secure grip, and the handle comes with a 2-piece design so that the length of the handle doesn’t make storage a problem. To keep the handle from damaging the car finish, it’s also covered with foam rubber.
This looks real tough enough that it can last for a very long time, especially when you use it properly with jack stands and wheel chocks.
Pros of the 61253
- This can lift cars so that you’re absolute sure the weight is supported. It can even deal with some vans and many SUVs as long as you confirm that the vehicle’s weight doesn’t exceed 6,000 pounds.
- It’s so easy to raise up your car with it so you save a lot of time and effort. Normal automotive tasks such as rotating your wheel can become a fun exercise rather than a tedious chore.
- It can raise the car very high up. That means you can use this to create space underneath the car when you want to do repairs to the brake system yourself. Don’t forget to wedge the wheels and use jack stands! The 61253 is meant to lift the car, and not to support it indefinitely.
- The low profile is certainly a godsend, and it’s perhaps the main reason why you got the 61253 model. Pittsburgh Automotive offers a regular profile version of this, and it’s a lot more affordable.
- Its stability is also very reliable, and that’s thanks to the extra-wide steel casters and the heavy weight.
- This can last for a very long time.
- There’s not much to do in terms of maintenance. You especially don’t have to grease the moving joints frequently.
- The manual (which is available online) is quite thorough in its instructions for its use and troubleshooting. It’s rather very easy to use.
- The price is very reasonable, and it’s even comparable to the cost of other heavy duty brands with regular profiles.
- It’s easy enough to store, as it has wheels so you can roll it to your storage area. The handle is also in 2 pieces, so you can disassemble it for storage.
- Compared to the Pittsburgh Automotive heavy duty floor jack with a regular profile, this thing is expensive.
- It’s also very heavy, so that you may not want to use it on the road. Lifting this from the trunk to the ground can be very difficult on your own.
- It only comes with a 3-month warranty.
So do you have a lowered car? Then of all the low profile heavy duty jacks you can get with a 3-ton rating, this 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift from Pittsburgh Automotive makes for the best choice for numerous reasons.
It’s tough, very easy and quick to use, easy to maintain, and comes with a high lifting height and low profile. Get this 61253 floor jack for your car and SUV, and it can become a real joy to work on your lowered car.