Choosing the right racing jack for your vehicle use is a daunting task. The market is flooded with numerous models, with various characteristics, and each of them has their benefits. You have to measure the pros and cons of each model to decide on the one that will best suit your needs.
There are certain features of the tool you have to consider before you narrow your choice down to a particular model. the jack should be chosen based on how you are going to use it, and there are certain things to ideally look into before you decide on a model:
- Consider if you need a lightweight one or a heavy duty jack
- Determine the lifting capacity for which you would ideally use it
- Find the lifting height you would require
- Read the material and choose the one that would withstand your usage
Points to check out before you decide on the right racing jack
- Contents of the product—Racing jacks are made either of steel or aluminum. If the jack’s primary usage is going to be in and around the garage, a steel one is good. Aluminum jacks are light and portable, so, if the jack is going to be moved extensively, an aluminum model should be your preferred choice.
- Lifting capacity—If you are going to use the jack to lift your vehicle, the maximum lifting capacity of the tool should be greater than the gross weight of your vehicle. Though you are not going to use the jack to lift the entire vehicle, matching your car’s weight with the capacity of the jack is purely for safety reasons.
- Lifting range—If your vehicle has large tires, consider a jack with a high lifting range. It also applies to vehicles that have to be lifted to greater height from the ground.
- Design aspect—The racing jacks available on the market have a standard profile or a low- profile design. A low-profile jack is more convenient for small vehicles. It allows the Jack to be rolled under these vehicles.
- Lifting pace—Jacks with a quick-lift system take fewer cranks to reach full height when compared to standard jacks. There are jacks with dual lifting pistons that require just a few cranks. Depending on your usage, choose a standard jack or quick-lift jack.
The True Power Aluminum Racing Jack, sold by TruePower Tools, has powerful features. It has a lifting capacity of 1.5 tons. It is made out of aluminum and hence it is easily portable. The aluminum used is an aircraft-grade alloy; it is, therefore, strong.
This jack can lift up to 3,000 pounds and has a low profile design, which is more suitable for small vehicles. Its minimum height is 3-1/8”, and maximum height is 14 ¾”. Therefore, it is convenient to store even in small units.
The tool also has a saddle that rotates 360 degrees, and rubber pads to prevent marring. The jack also has two side-grip handles that make handling and positioning the jack an easy task.
- The front roller of the jack is a single piece unit.
- The tool also has a two-piece handle. The handle is made of knurled aluminum for extra grip. This prevents your hands from slipping when you lift the vehicle.
- The roller cam plungers make the operation simple.
- This racing jack needs only a half-turn release for the fastest pit stops. This tool also comes with a novel universal joint release mechanism for controlled declination of your load from any handle position.
- The jack has an alloy-plated ram for corrosion prevention. The double-sealed hydraulics gives the jack a longer service life.
- The True Power Aluminum Racing Jack is built for use in homes and garages. The quality is unmatched.
The safety guide
Lifting your vehicle with True Power Aluminum Racing Jack is not a complicated task. However, proper lifting techniques should be employed. You should read your vehicle’s manual before you attempt any repair.
A pair of jack stands is crucial when you lift the vehicle. A pair of tire chocks is also essential. It is critical that the floor jack’s lifting capacity should be equal to or greater than the vehicle’s weight.
Before lifting, you should ensure the surface the racing jack and jack stand rest on is robust and hard. Concrete surfaces serve this purpose best. If testing the vehicle on a concrete surface is impossible, a thick sheet of plywood can be used under the jack.
For safe lifting
Before you attempt to lift your vehicle with a racing jack, locate your vehicle’s lifting points. The information will be present in the user’s manual of the car.
You should also make sure that the vehicle does not move when you lift it. If it does, it will result in drastic consequences. Place tire chocks on both sides of the tire.
The saddle part of the racing jack should be positioned directly below the lifting point of the car. The hydraulic valve of the jack should be in the closed position. Then the handle should be moved up and down so that the saddle is about one inch away from the lifting point. Then the racing jack handle should be moved up and down to raise the vehicle to the desired height.
Once the vehicle is lifted, it is essential to balance it on the jack stands. Jack stands should be of the equal weighing capacity as the racing jack. Jack stands are the most important safety feature as they prevent the vehicle from falling.
Summing it up
The True Power Aluminum Racing Jack has a maximum lifting capacity and yet, it can fit under any small vehicle. Though it is made of aluminum, it is rigid and durable. The soft rubber pads of the saddle prevent damage to the underside of the vehicle.
The well-designed racing jack is durable and facilitates controlled lowering of the vehicle. It is excellently constructed and can be stored easily. It offers value for money.