A low-profile floor jacks refers to a mechanical device that caters to the lifting of vehicles with a low ground clearance. A number of companies offer a wide variety of floor jacks, also known as auto or garage jacks, but choosing the right one needs research. Along with the price of the product, a potential customer should also consider the features that a superior ultra-low profile steel floor jack should contain.
Though it is involved in the manufacturing, promotion and sale of a large number of automotive tools, this latest offering from Pittsburgh Automotive is unique and stands out from the crowd due to its distinctive features.
Pittsburgh’s latest floor jack adds one more to its list of achievements with respect to automotive tools.
This steel floor jack boasts a 3-tonne capacity while also being ultra-low profile, which means that it will cater to the needs of a wide variety of customers with vehicles having a low ground clearance.
What is a floor jack?
A floor jack is a device that employs the science of hydraulics and lead screws in order to lift an automobile to a suitable height, which makes it easy to repair with the proper access to the parts underneath the vehicle.
Consider changing the tyres of a vehicle, or to gain access to the oil pan drain plug—during such times, a floor jack works wonders and lets you work on your vehicle with ease. This ultra-low profile steel floor jack also uses the mechanics of hydraulics.
Using a floor jack device
However, it is not as easy as it sounds. Whether you are an amateur or a professional, you have to be aware of certain precautions that need to be taken, and also the right techniques when using these devices.
There are various kinds of floor jacks, the mostly commonly used being the hydraulic floor jack that uses a hydraulic cylinder and pump to raise the height of a vehicle.
How is this steel floor jack unique?
The most outstanding features of this floor jack by Pittsburgh Automotive is the rapid pump system; with fewer pumps, a universal joint release and the two-piece knurled steel handle with a foam bumper helps you avoid any damage to the vehicle.
Also, its ultra-low profile feature helps it stand out from similar devices which do not provide this feature.
In order to get acquainted with a product’s quality, a thorough understanding of its features is essential. Let’s look at the features that make this product stand out.
- With a 3-tonne capacity, this ultra-low profile steel floor jack is sure to impress home-garage mechanics with its ability to lift.
- With a lifting range of 5” to 18 ¼”, this mechanical device is sure to help in the elevation of a wide range of vehicles both big and small.
- One of the most attractive features of this ultra-low profile steel floor jack is the rapid pump system. This feature allows you to elevate your vehicles to the upper-most limit in just 3 ½ pumps, thus saving you time and energy.
- A protective bumper helps against any untoward damage to your vehicle while you lift it through the floor jack.
- This 3-tonne heavy duty ultra- low profile steel floor jack is made of welded steel.
- The handle, made of aluminium, helps in strengthening your grip on the pump, thus saving you from any kind of accidental harm or slipping of hands.
- The universal joint release feature takes care of the load control, thus making it easy for you to handle the device and the vehicle efficiently.
- With its wider steel casters, this ultra-low profile steel floor jack provides greater stability.
- The user enjoys both comfort and durability at the same time.
- Handle length is 45 ¼ inches”
- Height of the product is 6 1/8”
- Weight of this 3-tonne heavy duty ultra-low profile steel floor jack is 68.9 lbs.
Customers love the following features of this product; they have ranked the product mostly on the basis of these points:
- This ultra-low profile steel floor jack comes with good power output, which means fewer glitches in the functioning of the device.
- As it is fully made of steel, the product promises greater strength and is long lasting, thus giving greater value for your money.
- The aluminium handle helps the user get a good grip over the device, thus avoiding accidents.
- It is highly versatile and caters to the needs of a wide variety of customers. A majority of vehicles can be serviced using this highly efficient steel floor jack.
- It comes with an interesting Pittsburgh 3 tonne floor jack manual that guides the users to efficiently try out the device without any doubts or misconceptions.
Now, that you know about this 3-tonne steel floor jack, you should be ready to buy it either online, or at their selective outlets.
What do existing Pittsburgh Automotive’s Steel Floor Jack customers say?
Stars – 4.7 / 5
This jack received highly positive customer reviews with respect to its benefits, durability and ease of use. Many have termed it economical with a desire to buy additional products from this brand in the future.
Those who were upset with the product had complaints regarding the packaging and the assembling of the various parts of the ultra-low profile steel floor jack.
This ultra-low profile steel floor jack is not a bad deal for any automotive enthusiast or professional automobile garage owner. A quick look at its features will give the other devices a run for their money. While being sturdy and robust, it is also easy to use and manoeuvre.